Now Hiring – Project Engineer/Jr. Project Manager
Seattle based general contracting is seeking a dynamic Project Engineer with commercial
The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of hands-on construction
experience, experience juggling tasks between multiple projects, ability to read and analyze project
drawings, notes, specifications and sketches and work within a team environment. Multi-family
and/or mixed-use experience preferred. You’ll work remotely on a jobsite most of the time.
Your daily tasks will include, but not be limited to:
- Coordinating subcontractor activities in the field
- Prepare scope documentation for subcontracts
- Perform subcontractor buy-outs during contract award phase
- Read, write and send RFI’s to Architects and Engineers
- Update master schedule in MS Project
- Analyze and track subcontractor costs and change order requests
- Assist with preparing project budgets during bid time
- Occasional assistance with budgets/estimates doing take-offs, counts, etc.
- Correspond with all project team members (client, architect, engineer, internal team,
- Perform quantity take-offs and order materials for self-performed work.
- Review and track submittals from subcontractors.
- Track and distribute, RFIs, submittals, drawing revisions, and all other project related
- Keep digital drawing set up to date.
- Compile project closeout documentation including O&M manuals, as-builts, and required city
- Microsoft Office Suite – Excel, Word, Outlook, Project
- Experience with Project Management Software (Procore, Timberline, Prolog, etc.) a plus
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience working hands-on with a GC
- Familiarity with all disciplines (civil, landscaping, structural, architectural, etc.)
- Ability to read plans
- Attention to detail
- Ability to handle many tasks at once
- Degree preferred